|Active Release Techniques (ART®)
- ART is a patented, state of the art soft tissue movement-based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. Headaches, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, shin splints, shoulder pain, sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee problems, and tennis elbow are just a few of the many conditions that can be resolved quickly and permanently with ART. These conditions all have one important thing in common: they are the result of overused muscles that accumulated excessive scar tissue over time that restricts the normal movement and function of the soft tissue structures involved.
- Every ART session is actually a combination of examination and treatment. The ART provider uses his or her hands to evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Abnormal tissues are treated by combining precisely directed tension with very specific patient movements. These treatment protocols – over 500 specific moves – are unique to ART. They allow providers to identify and correct the specific problems that are affecting each individual patient. ART is not a cookie-cutter approach.
- Dr. Andrew Glogowski and Dr. Andrew Le possess the highest level of certification in Active Release Techniques. Our doctors apply functional testing with comprehensive knowledge of human anatomy, identifying all the components of a musculoskeletal condition. Without correcting each dysfunction found during the examination, progress attained from treatment becomes short lived. A dysfunction can be described as inflammation, abnormal joint movement, scar tissue infiltration, nerve entrapment, disc injury, weakness, aberrant motion patterns and pathologic processes. Progress is constantly reassessed during treatment so doctor and patient know the correct methods of care are being implemented. The goal of treatment is to identify, repair and rehabilitate all areas of dysfunction so injuries do not return.
- Optimal biomechanics of the pelvis allow for optimal labor and delivery. In one study, women receiving chiropractic care through their first pregnancy had 24% reduction in labor times and subjects giving birth for the second or third time reported 39% shorter labor times. In another study, the need for analgesics was reduced by 50% in the patients who received adjustments. In addition, 84% of women report relief of back pain during pregnancy with chiropractic care. Changes that occur in the pelvis and low back during pregnancy can irritate the sciatic nerve, causing intense pain in the buttocks or legs. Chiropractic care helps eliminate the irritation, relaxing the muscles and relieving pain.
- Children are amazing in their ability to heal quickly. Conditions that respond well to chiropractic care include colic/irritability, Torticollis, asymmetrical crawl/gait, growing pains, and headaches. Recent research shows that chiropractic care can help manage the symptoms of ADD/ADHD.
- Specific exercises are prescribed during the course of care to resolve functional weakness that developed with the patient’s condition. For any spinal or extremity complaint to appropriately heal the soft tissues structures involved must regain strength. These exercises are easy to learn and can be performed at ones home.
|Cox Flexion Distraction
- Cox Flexion Distraction technique uses flexion and distraction of the chiropractic table to cause decompression in the spine. Spinal decompression works by gently stretching the spine. That changes the force and position of the spine. This will take pressure off the spinal discs, which are gel-like cushions between the bones in your spine. Flexion and distraction takes pressure off the nerves and other structures in your spine, which helps promote movement of water, oxygen, and nutrient-rich fluids into the discs so they can heal.
- Orthotics provide proper function in the foot which has direct influences on the knees, hips and low back. They can be utilized in many conditions including Plantar Fasciitis, Bunions, Morton’s Neuroma, Shin Splints, Knee Pain, IT Band Syndrome, and Low Back Pain.
These services are utilized to treat many common conditions including:
- Overuse Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel/Wrist Pain
- Nerve Entrapment
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Athletic Injuries
- Shin Splints
- Hamstring Pulls
- Hip Flexor
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tennis Elbow
- Rotator Cuff
- Round Ligament Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Ear Infections
- “Flat head”
- Growing Pains